Importing photos from external camera
JustEZ provides tools to import photos taken from external camera or WIFI SD cards. This is very helpful in case you do not want to use your device's camera to take photos during site visit. With this feature in place there's no need to pull out the SD card from the camera. Instead, the app will connect to the camera and automatically import photos into appropriate inspections.
Once you start an inspection or after selecting a desired inspection,
- >Tap on Ext Cam icon on Record section of the inspection screen.
- The screen will change to Record screen
- Next to Connect button, you will see a Bluetooth icon that initially will look disabled. This means no camera is connected to your device. Tapping this will take you to device's Settings screen. Navigate to Wi-Fi section of your device.
- If you're using a Wi-Fi SD card or a camera that has in-built Wi-Fi you will see them in the Wi-Fi list. Please ensure that your camera is on and the Wi-Fi SD card is inserted.
- Tap on the camera Wi-Fi access point name. You might want to take look at our supported devices section for more on how to connect device and camera.
- Once connected, the app will automatically download images.
- It is very important that you do not switch OFF the camera while photos are being downloaded. Our FAQ section explains about the actions you could take in case the camera switches off or if there are intermittent connectivity issues.
- Only those images will get synced which are clicked after starting the inspection. For example: you started the inspection at 1 P.M., so images that got clicked after 1 P.M., will get synced to JustEZ.
- You can always highlight any specific section in the image and add annotations to it. Learn how to edit the photo and add annotations